Art Prints

Friday, June 27, 2008

It Starts

It Starts

She could not understand what I was saying.
I was just telling her about my summer vacation.
Our annual family motor tour.

Mountains with snow that stops where the clouds begin
Pines that climb the mountain
until the air is so thin they can no longer grow.

Snow melting from the peaks
becoming ribbons of liquid ice,
tumbling faster and faster
polishing rocks into pebbles
until the stream becomes a river
flowing with deep silent power to the sea.

Deer in the forest and horses on the trails.
Eagles dancing on the thin fresh air.
Rocks as big as a house.

Puzzlement covered her face
Disbelief in the slant of her eyes.

I was just as puzzled.
Had she never been there?
Could she have never seen a mountain?
Had she never been out of town?
Was that possible?

I went home - still pondering
Realizing how fortunate am I.

I changed my words into a picture
so she could understand.
Her eyes grew so big.

She was amazed at what she saw.
I was amazed at her reaction.

I brought her a new world
Could I do it again?
I drew another picture, and another, and another ...

I have never stopped being amazed.



All art, poetry and writings are copyright & cannot be reproduced in any form without written permission from Judith Angell Meyer -- PoetrySoup: The FREE International Poetry Web Site


No comments: