Art Prints

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Can't believe a whole week has gone by!
Well, and here a week has gone by. So much for staying the course! But most of my time has been spent in updating a website that I am working on. It is for a restaurant, and you can't believe how fun it is to match pictures to descriptions, and keeping prices current. But I really like the family I'm working for, so I enjoy what I am doing. You cannot believe, though, how fast the time goes when I'm working on website construction!

~
I am going to use an older painting for "show and tell" today. This is one of my favorite watercolors. So far I have only shown you my graphite work, so now here is a watercolor. The Title is "Peeper's Ponies".
~

The painting was inspired while attending a Mountain Man rendezvous in Cheyenne Wells, Colorado. It was one of the best gatherings because so many of us brought horses. Sometimes that just isn't feasible. On this trip we had the whole family with us which made it a lot of fun.We had a friend who got herself a new mountain name when she started slicing carrots in my husbands fried potatoes and onions. He started picking them out as fast as she was slicing them in. Since then he called her "Carrot Woman" and every time he got the chance, he would dump a truck load on carronts on her driveway or doorstep.
~
These two horses were tethered at this low tree in the shade, and the thing that attracted me to paint it was that the spotted shade with the spotted coloring on the horses made for a neat camoflage pattern. And they are pretty too!
~
Tomorrow is a big day for me. I have a Dr. appointment. I have been putting my medical needs on hold until I had the help with medical expenses from Medicare. Now to work through the long list of things that need to be checked or done. And, I suppose that if I'm going to make a 9:00 a.m. appointment, I'd best go to bed. See you all tomorrow

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAHOO!! WILD TIMES AT FORT MEYER!!I miss checking in with you one day and look at all the trouble you get into. That Gizmo. Well I been there done that too in the middle of the night and don't like it much either. Happened one morning on writer's group day, and bam then the power went off so (no water pump) I couldn't take a bath!! Everyone kept commenting on how something smelled like skunk.
Love, Lynn

Judith Angell Meyer said...

And you didn't tell them either did you?!! That reminds me of a funny story too. Hans and I and the kids were on vacation up the east coast. We lived on Staten Island at the time. We were wanting to visit the blind dog training school, Dog Training Institute or something like that. We were raising Shepherds at the time with the purpose of preparing the breeding and initial social training for guide dog work.

Well, we stopped along the way at every place that had lobster pots by the sea. Just couldn't get enough lobster and steamed clams. We had tickets to the Institute, and after arranging with the chamber of commerce for someone to watch the kids, off we went.

It wasn't too long before we notice that the crowd of people around us was moving off slightly until there was a substantial ring of space between us and the other waiting to get in. It dawned on us finally that we smelled like fish.

Hans worked his way down the hall until he found a maintenance closet that had a sink and some cleaning chemicals. We ducked in and washed up. The only thing we found were things like Comet to wash with, so I'm not sure we smelled any better when we rejoined the group or not. We got a good giggle out of it though. We departed after the first showing much to the relief of the people around us.
~Judy~

Anonymous said...

Ha - great fish story. Wish I could eat lobster like that, sounds wonderful.

Just checking in to see the changes. Have wanted to tell you I stole your idea of putting the tilde between my paragraphs and its working great to space things out. Are you going to the daily journal and not keeping this one up?
Love, Lynn

Judith Angell Meyer said...

I already did notice that you were using the tilde. I think using it not only does the job, but doesn't look half bad. Kind of gives an artsey look to the writing.

No. I do make an entry first in the Live Journal. But when I do, I always copy and paste it into blogspot. Should I ever do that I'll let you know. I'm trying to figure out now how to set up a subscription button so the blog will go out to people who want in on a regular basis. I saw that on the quilting lady's site. That was really something. I have a quilter friend who needs that link. Also, the method Elin is using is similar only she uses "groups" out of yahoo. I have to see how that works.

And did you notice that I put a signature banner at the bottom of the latest post? (Also in Live Journal.) Was trickier to do that here on blogspot. It has its own mind about that sort of stuff. But I can just write the html in Live Journal.