Art Prints

Thursday, February 14, 2008

SAA Meeting Today


Today was a beautiful day here in Colorado. The temperature actually got up to 68 degrees in Denver. I drove down for a meeting with fellow collegues and members of The Society of Animal Artists. This was the 3rd annual meeting, and we are sharing more and more useful information. They are an enthusiastic group who really get me excited about doing more, and compliments from them mean so much. I'll be shooting to have a piece of my own in the small works show this fall at the Wildlife Experience in Parker, Colorado.

On the way home coming east on HWY 7, I was delayed about 30 minutes because of a bad accident. It is a really bad intersection. Traveling east you come to a railroad underpass, and immediately beyond the bridge is a cross road. Colorado Blvd. actually. And at the crossroad there is a traffic light. But going east it is hard to see the light around the bridge. The crossroad is completely blind. There were EMT's and an ambulance came to the rescue. I was too far back to see much, but the driver was still in the car heading east through that intersection, and the other one was off in the ditch. Both cars were probably totaled.

The rest of the way home was uneventful until I got there, and of course Gizmo thought I had completely abandoned him. To make up for it I took him with me to get some groceries.

I'm too tired to think of anything else to say tonight. Thanks for listening, and I'll talk to you soon.

No comments: